What Is A Real Estate Agent?
Buying or selling property is considered a major financial and emotional undertaking. Going at it alone can take a lot of time and energy – with no guarantee of getting the best result. That’s where real estate agents come in. Many people feel hiring a real estate agent is the best option to help reduce risk, lessen possible mistakes, and get accurate market insight that could help in the decision-making process. After all, real estate agents are licensed professionals with years of experience to draw from. Whether you’re in the market to buy or sell a property, they are trained to guide you through every phase of a sale.
What Does A Real Estate Agent Do Exactly?
Some of the responsibilities of a real estate agent change based on if they’re working with a buyer or a seller, overall though, real estate agents help by doing the heavy lifting for administrative/legal work, research, and marketing. Here are a few key duties.
Working With Buyers
- Coordinate and oversee open houses
- Arrange meetings with prospective buyers through email or phone calls
- Interview buyers to understand what they’re looking for in a new property
- Schedule property showings
- Coordinate appraisals and inspections
- Negotiate property repair requests and offers on behalf of the buyer
- Draft and review documents and contracts
- Guide buyer through the closing process
Working With Sellers
- Prepare comparative market research analysis to calculate a realistic asking price
- Pinpoint properties’ top selling points and investment opportunities to improve value.
- Stage the property to make it appealing to buyers
- Photograph the property
- List the property on the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Advertise real estate properties to gain the attention of prospective buyers
- Schedule property showings and open house events
- Draft and prepare documents, such as offers, contracts, and closing statements
- Communicate with appraisers, escrow companies, lenders, and home inspectors
What’s A Real Estate Agent’s “Why”?
You know “how” how a real estate agent does their job, so now may you be asking for the “why”? Most people believe every agent has the same goal — sell a house for the most money in the least amount of time. But there’s much more to it than that. A good agent gets a good deal, a great agent truly aims to help people love where they live.
At Williams & Stuart, we take it one step further. With us, you get more than “just another real estate brokerage” – you get home-grown expertise, one-on-one partnership, a mentor sharing all the tips and tricks, and a genuine commitment to local communities. We’re more than just qualified, we care. Look around and you’ll see more than our pretty white signs rooted in your community’s soil. We are your neighbors, sponsor your local little league teams, and fundraise on an annual basis to support local charities of all sizes. We know just how important homes are to each person, family, and to our communities.
Have questions about the buying or selling process? Looking to get started? Let’s start a conversation.\
Contact us today @ 401-942-0200.